Eligibility and Benefits
- Applicants must be presently employed in the school business
profession. An applicant does not need to be a member of ASBO
International or an ASBO affiliate.
- Applicants must have been in the profession for five years or less
as of June 1, 2013. This includes combined time in present position and
in previous positions in current and other school districts.
- Applicants may be employed in the areas of finance and
accounting, purchasing, food service/nutrition, risk management,
transporation, facilities, and other positions that fall under the
school business office purview.
- The Bridges to the Future Scholarship may be earned only once and may not be combined with another ASBO International offer to attend the Annual Meeting & Expo.
- Recipients receive $2,000 to cover the registration fee and help
defray travel expenses to ASBO
International's Annual Meeting & Expo (AM&E) in Boston,
MA, October 25-28, 2013 - the premier professional development event for
school business management professionals.
- Recipients attend a customized workshop and luncheon on Friday
October 25, 2013 - Where they have the opportunity to make contacts,
share challenges, and successes, and exchange ideas with colleagues.
- After the Annual Meeting & Expo, recipients have free access to more than 90 hours of recorded professional development on ASBO's Live Learning Center.
Questions about The Bridges to the Future Scholarship?
Contact ASBO's Vee Boehringer, (866) 682-2729, ext, 7069, email@example.com