COE Application Materials and Information
Application | Fees | COE Recipients | GASB Resources | FAQs
School systems submit the following documents to ASBO International
for review within six months of the close of the fiscal year:
- A cover letter signed by the school system's chief financial officer, requesting that the
Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) be reviewed under ASBO's Certificate of Excellence in Financial Reporting Program
and mentioning any COE criteria that do not apply to the school
- One copy of the Certificate of Excellence Application
- Three copies of the CAFR (see options below)
- Three copies of a completed ASBO International Self-Evaluation Worksheet (mandatory if the school entity is submitting for the first time, received
a conditional or denied award in the previous submission, or did not submit for the previous year)
- A check for the application fee based on the total revenue for all funds of the school system
- NEW! Email documents as .PDFs (only if you pay the COE fee by credit card)
- CD -- Submit three CD copies of your CAFR
- Web link -- Submit three copies of your Web link on a separate piece of paper
- Hard copy -- Submit three copies of your CAFR
Browse the following links to find materials for participating in the COE Program.
- Program fees are based on your school system's total revenue.
- Get answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
- The FAQs page includes a chart of the program fees for ASBO International members and non-members.
- Find out about your application deadline.
- CAFR submission not ready by the program deadline? Get information on requesting an extension.
For more information:
Contact ASBO's Michelle Perkins at firstname.lastname@example.org or toll-free at 866/ 682-2729, x7067.