Application | Fees | COE Recipients | Resources | FAQs
You hold the public's trust. In these economically challenging times, you need to demonstrate that your school entity is effectively, and prudently, managing funds. Since 1971, ASBO's Certificate of Excellence in Financial Reporting (COE) Program has been the "gold standard" for school districts wanting to demonstrate superior accounting practices and reporting procedures to the communities they serve.
Why participate in the COE program?
- Credibility. Validate your school entity's commitment to fiscal integrity.
- Confidence. Show your community your high-quality financial reporting.
- Savings. Achieve a better bond rating by disclosing what's requested for credit evaluations.
- Transparency. Share financial information above and beyond what GAAP requires.
- Recognition. Celebrate your achievement with your superintendent, school board, community, and the financial marketplace.
- Feedback. CAFRs are reviewed by professionals from
governmental accounting and auditing in the fields of consulting,
certified public accounting, and school system financial
Add your school district to the growing list of schools
who have earned this coveted recognition.
the materials and resources you need to apply now.
For more information on the COE program contact
ASBO's Michelle Perkins at email@example.com or toll-free at
866/ 682-2729, x7067.
ASBO International is grateful to VALIC for their support of the Certificate of Excellence in Financial Reporting Program.