Apply for the Meritorious Budget Award
If you are a first-time applicant, you may apply to the MBA or for the award's introductory program, Pathway to the MBA.
Your application packet must include:
- Completed MBA application form.
- Cover letter specifying any MBA criteria that do not apply to your school district.
- Completed MBA Criteria Checklist.
- Reviewer comments from the previous year and your school district's responses.
- Budget document or a link to your budget document.
Submit your application packet:
BY EMAIL (preferred)
- Attach each of the required application documents as separate PDFs.
- Include payment information. (Email submissions must be paid by credit card.)
- Email to MBA@asbointl.org.
- Submit three copies of complete application packets in one of the following formats:
- PDFs (3 CDs or flash drives, each containing separate PDFs of the required documents)
- Hard copies
- Include payment information. (Mailed submissions may be paid by check or credit card.)
- Mail to ASBO International
- Meritorious Budget Award
- 11401 North Shore Drive
- Reston, VA 20190-4232
The MBA awards U.S. and Canadian school districts with…
- Comprehensive comments about your budget.
- An award certificate.
- A letter of accomplishment.
- A prestigious MBA perpetual plaque.
Any school system in the U.S. and Canada, charter schools, educational service units, and colleges and universities that incorporates the MBA criteria into its budget development process is eligible to apply.
Application fees are based on your district’s total revenue.
|Total Revenue, All Funds
||ASBO International Member
|Less than $50 million
|$50 million – $200 million
|$200 million – $1 billion
|More than $1 billion
If your district does not meet the requirements this year, we encourage you to reapply for the MBA. In fact, ASBO International will waive your MBA application fee for the next year!
Deadline and Extensions
All MBA application materials are due within 90 days of your budget’s legal approval.
Need an extension? Submit a request to MBA@asbointl.org.