Earning Your SFO
Certification Is Within Your Reach
Ready to prove your skills, experience, and knowledge with the profession’s most prestigious designation? Start your path to the Certified Administrator of School Finance and Operations® (SFO®) certification today!
Submit Your Application
Visit My SFO® Manager to create your username and password.
- Complete the initial SFO application and submit application fee.
- Track your certification status.
Meet Eligibility Requirements
|Exam Part 1:
|Exam Part 2:
School Business Management
- No education requirements.
- No experience requirements.
- Master’s degree in a field related to school business + 2 years of experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to school business + 3 years of experience.
Pass Two Exams
- Complete the initial SFO application located on My SFO® Manager.
- Complete Exam Part 1 and Exam Part 2 applications and receive exam authorization.
- Schedule, take, and pass the exams.
||ASBO International Member
|Exam Part 1: Accounting
|Exam Part 2: School Business Management
|Annual Renewal Fee
SFO Application and Exam Fees are Non-Refundable.