ASBO International (“ASBO International,” “we,” “us,” and “our”) respects the privacy of its members, certification candidates, certificants, program participants, and other visitors to its websites. ASBO International strongly believes that if electronic commerce and online activities are to flourish, consumers must be assured that information provided online is used responsibly and appropriately. To protect online privacy, ASBO International has implemented the following policy.
What Information Does ASBO International Collect?
- Provide relevant information to our members and potential members.
- Promote and manage our events, programs, and activities.
- Respond to inquiries relating to ASBO International.
- Administer and manage our Certified Administrator of School Finance and Operations (SFO) program.
- Perform our contractual obligations with members in good standing, registered attendees at our events/programs, and subscribers of our publications and other products and services.
It is our general policy to collect and store only personal information that our members, certificants, certification candidates, and visitors voluntarily and knowingly provide. If our privacy policies change, we will notify all users by a special announcement placed on the website.
From General Users
When you visit our website, depending on the device you use or the program platform you access, we may collect and store certain information automatically that may not identify you personally, including:
- Internet Protocol (IP) address.
- Type of browser and operating system used to access our website.
- Date and time you access our website.
- The pages on our website that you access.
From ASBO International’s Members, Conference and Event Registrants, and Other Customers
To gain access to members-only resources and personalization features on asbointl.org, members and other users are asked to register and provide some limited information. This information is submitted voluntarily. ASBO International asks users to provide their name, member number (for members), organization name, address, business phone, and email. Similar information may be submitted to ASBO International through membership applications, conference registration, elearning purchases, recognition program applications, publication orders, subscriptions, and contest registrations. Additionally, for some emails ASBO International sends in HTML format to its members through its listservs and electronic newsletters, we will collect specific information regarding what the recipient does with that email. ASBO International will monitor whether a recipient subsequently clicks through to links provided in the message. Other information collected through this tracking feature includes email address of a user, the date and time of the user's "click," a message number, name of the list from which the message was sent, tracking URL number, and destination page. ASBO International only uses this information to enhance its products and distribution of those products to its members. This information is not sold or distributed in any other manner.
How Does ASBO International Use Data Collected?
ASBO International uses information voluntarily submitted by members and other customers in the following ways:
ASBO International Member Services and Products
Generally, ASBO International uses data collected to improve its own web content; to respond to visitors' interests, needs, and preferences; and to develop new products and services.
Disclosures to Third Parties
We do not share or disclose information to third parties for their promotional use or for marketing purposes except in the following circumstances:
- ASBO International makes member contact information available to other members using its members-only Global School Business Network site and to those who register for its conferences.
- ASBO International also may provide data to selected third parties whose products and services may be of interest to our members; such third parties are obligated to implement opt-out/unsubscribe mechanisms and honor any opt-out requests by recipients of promotional email messages in compliance with applicable laws. These data include names, job titles, organization, business addresses, and email addresses. Users may contact ASBO International at email@example.com or 703.708.7088 to express their preferences if they determine later that they do not wish to have the information shared.
- ASBO International or a company acting as an agent of ASBO International may use your personal information for operational support purposes, including but not limited to event registration, system maintenance, email distribution, printing, and mailing.
When you terminate your membership or cancel your website account access, ASBO International may continue to share information about you according to our legal and regulatory requirements.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may disclose your personal information as required by law or as needed in legal proceedings when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
In addition, in the event of a merger, acquisition, or any form of sale or transfer of some or all of our assets to a third party, we may also disclose your personal information to the third parties concerned or their professional advisors. In the event of such a transaction, the personal information held by us will be among the assets subject to the transaction.
Credit Card Account Information
ASBO International does not disclose credit card account information provided by its members and customers. When members and customers choose to pay using their credit cards, ASBO International submits the information needed to obtain payment through secure payment gate sites to conduct the transaction.
International Website Access and Cross-Border Data Transfers
EEA Residents Only
This section applies if you are an individual located in the European Union or European Economic Area (collectively “EEA”). Under the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation EU 2016/679) (also known as GDPR), you may have certain rights as a data subject. To request information about those rights, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with "GDPR Request" in the subject line. In the email, please describe, with specificity, the GDPR right you are requesting assistance with. Please note additional information may be requested prior to initiation of a request. Upon our completion of the review you will be notified if your request has been granted, denied, or exemptions apply.
ASBO uses analytics data and tracking pixels to serve remarketing ads based on user’s prior visits to our website. Site visitors may opt out of personalized ads on Google services or other browsers by adjusting Ad settings on those accounts. Site visitors may also visit the NAI Website opt-out page
or the DAA opt-out page
to adjust site visitor’s preference.
Privacy Issues and Links to Other Sites
This website contains links to other websites. ASBO International has no control over and is not responsible for the privacy policies or content of such sites.
Social Media Widgets
Amendments and Updates
or by calling 703.708.7088.
Effective Date: March 2022