ASBO International 2019 Election
September 25 – October 9, 2019
Important Steps For Members To Take To Ensure A Smooth Voting Experience:
What to do BEFORE September 25 to ensure you receive your ballot:
- Make sure your ASBO International professional, life, or emeritus membership will be current as of September 25. Contact Theresa Boulware if you’d like to upgrade your publications membership before that time.
- Whitelist this IP address: 126.96.36.199.
- Whitelist all emails from "@asbointl.org" and “@informz.net”.
Voting is a simple three-step process: Vote/Submit/Confirm
- When you receive your invitation to vote email, you will click the link in the email and be directed to a website containing the ballot. You must then:
- Vote: Click on the link in your email invitation and make your selections in the online ballot.
- Submit: Click on “Submit” to send in your choices.
- Confirm: A second/follow-up email will be sent to you; you must “confirm” by clicking on the link in that email.
- If you do not click the confirm link, your vote will not be counted.
If you don't receive your invitation to vote on Wednesday, September 25 by 5:00 pm, please follow these steps:
- Check your SPAM/junk folder to see if the email is in it; and
- Be sure you have had your IT department whitelist the three items above; and
- Ask your IT department to release any emails trapped in your system spam filter from the IP address above.
- If you still do not have the invitation email, email Angie Tombul, or call 866.682.2729 x7063 to have it resent.
Remember that you will receive a follow-up email asking you to confirm your vote. If you do not receive it, check your SPAM/junk folder. You must confirm your vote to have it counted.
For technical issues related to voting, receiving emails related to the vote, etc. please email Angie Tombul, the election administrator at ASBO International, or call 866.682.2729 x7063
For questions about the election process, candidates, etc. please contact the election committee chair, Charles Peterson.
Ballot Content Information:
The following members have met the requirements/qualifications and will be on the slate of candidates for the ASBO International 2019 Board election. The successful candidates will take office on January 1, 2020.
Candidates for Vice President (one position to fill)
Chief Financial Officer
Mt. Pleasant Community School District
Mount Pleasant, Iowa
Angela Von Essen, MBA, CSBA, SFO
Assistant Superintendent for Business and Operations
West Valley School District No. 208
Candidate for Director Position 1 (one position to fill)
Director Finance and Administration
United Herzlia Schools
Cape Town, South Africa
Candidates for Director Position 2 (one position to fill)
Brian E. Allen
Chief Financial and Operations Officer
Worcester Public Schools
LaShahn Gaines, CPA, SFO
Chief Financial Officer
Spotsylvania County Public Schools
Ryan S. Stechschulte
Toledo Public Schools
Karen Wiesman, Ed.D., CPA
Associate Superintendent for Business and Finance
Mansfield Independent School District
Proposed Changes to ASBO International’s Bylaws