Earning Your SFO
Certification Is Within Your Reach
||Ready to prove your skills, experience, and knowledge with the profession’s most prestigious designation? Start your path to the Certified Administrator of School Finance and Operations® (SFO®) certification today!
||See why other school business officials find the SFO so valuable.
Steps to Certification
1. Meet Eligibility Requirements
Review the SFO Candidate Handbook
for details about certification and meet at least one of the following requirements:
- Master’s degree in a field related to school business + 2 years of experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to school business + 3 years of experience.
- Completion of an ASBO affiliate workshop that covers the SFO Exam Competencies + 3 years of experience.
- 7 years as a school business official, based on approval of the seasoned practitioner provision.
2. Submit Your Application
If you do not have an SFO account, visit SFO Access (Prolydian) to create your username and password and follow the instructions below. If you have an existing account:
- Visit SFO Access (Prolydian)
- Go to “Log in” top right of page
- Use the Application forms section to select your form and submit payment
- Look for an authorization email to arrive within 2 business days of submitting your SFO application
Make sure firstname.lastname@example.org is an allowed sender for your email provider!
3. Schedule an SFO Remote Proctored Exam
To schedule an exam:
- Log into your SFO Access (Prolydian) account
- Choose the "Schedule" button on your Exams dashboard to select an exam date and time
- Wait for an appointment confirmation email listing your test date, testing time and instructions for setting up your Examity profile (You must set up your Examity profile before taking the SFO exam!)
- Contact email@example.com if you encounter problems scheduling your exam or if you need to modify your Prolydian or Examity account profile name to match your Photo ID
Learn more by viewing this brief video on Scheduling Your Remote Proctored Exam.
Also view this Taking Your Exam video for a virtual experience on what to expect on your exam day.
You may cancel or reschedule up to 48 hours before your appointment at no cost. If, however, you cancel your appointment with less than 48 hours notice, or if you miss your appointment, show up late or provide inadequate identification, you will not be able to make a new appointment without paying an additional testing fee. Prolydian will send you a confirmation email each time you reschedule or cancel an appointment.
Prepare for the exam using these resources.
4. Maintain Your New Credential!
Meet the standards for recertification every three years.