Take advantage of the latest in web-conferencing technology to stay current on hot topics from the convenience of your home or office computer. This members-only benefit provides timely and relevant educational content taught by experts in the field at no additional cost and allows you to interact with the presenter and your colleagues throughout the webinar.
To receive CPE credit for CPE-eligible webinars, attendees must:
- Be logged into the webinar for at least 50 minutes;
- Enter their first and last name upon entering the webinar (must match first/last name on registration); and
- Answer at least three of the five polling questions throughout the webinar.
Registration and participation reports will be analyzed after the live webinar to confirm attendance and engagement and certificates will be awarded only to participants who have complied with the above requirements.
Click here for more information regarding Education Credits for ASBO International Live Webinars.
ASBO’s Federal Funding Forecast: What’s Coming Your Way?
Thursday, February 28, 2019
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Eastern Standard Time
CPE/SFO Contact Hours: 1.0
Planning next year’s budget is a recurring, but often challenging task for school business officials, as they must anticipate and navigate everchanging federal legislation, regulations, and funding uncertainty. However, it doesn’t have to be that way—sometimes we just need a little insight! Learn the basics of federal education policy and get a snapshot of next year’s funding forecast to help you plan your budget. Plus, discover tools and resources to make you an even better-informed business leader and advocate for your district.
- Explain key terms, concepts, and issues dealing with federal education funding and policy.
- Understand the current federal education funding landscape and determine how it will impact your school district.
- Apply this information to the school business official’s role; understand how this information can be used to support the school district’s mission and to advocate on the district’s behalf.
- Identify resources to support continued learning about education funding, policy, and advocacy.
- Noelle Ellerson Ng, ASBO International Legislative Liaison and AASA Associate Executive Director of Policy and Advocacy, Alexandria, VA
- Sharie Lewis, CPA, Parkrose School District Director of Business Services & Operations, Portland, OR
- Elleka Yost, ASBO International Government Affairs & Communications Manager, Ashburn, VA
Not a member? Join today to access live and recorded webinars and all of our other exciting benefits.