Take advantage of the latest in web-conferencing technology to stay current on hot topics from the convenience of your home or office computer. This members-only benefit provides timely and relevant educational content taught by experts in the field at no additional cost.
To receive CPE credit for CPE-eligible webinars, attendees must:
- Be logged into the webinar for at least 50 minutes;
- Enter their first and last name upon entering the webinar (must match first/last name on registration); and
- Answer at least three of the five polling questions throughout the webinar.
Registration and participation reports will be analyzed after the live webinar to confirm attendance and engagement and certificates will be awarded only to participants who have complied with the above requirements.
SFO Contact Hours and CPE Credits
All webinars are offered at a basic program level, group internet based, and require no program prerequisites or advance preparation.
Click here for more information regarding education credits for ASBO International live webinars.
Susan Harkin, SFO, Chief Operating Officer, Community Unit School District 300
John Hutchison, CPA, SFO, Deputy Superintendent, Business and Operations, Olathe Public Schools
Thursday, December 5, 2019
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Eastern Standard Time
SFO/CPE Credit Hours: 1.0
Content Area : Principles of School Finance; Budgeting and Financial Planning
Field of Study : Finance
SFO Domain: Financial Planning and Analysis; Budgeting and Reporting Activities
As school business officials, we are required to be the gatekeeper of our school district’s finances. Each year, there are always more budget requests than dollars available. This session will focus on the tricks of the trade to develop a school district budget in a collaborative process focused on improving student outcomes while maintaining fiscal sustainability.
- Engage stakeholders in the budgeting process to develop a budget focused on student outcomes.
- Connect the budget to your strategic plan.
- Create accurate estimates and assumptions for your budgeted revenues and expenditures.
- Incorporate enrollment projections, staffing allocations, capital projects planning, and debt service needs into your budgeting process.
- Utilize the budget to manage long-range financial forecasts and ensure fiscal sustainability.
Not a member? Join today to access live and recorded webinars and all of our other exciting benefits.