The COE application fee payment process has changed. Please follow the instructions below.
Prepare your COE application documents:
- Complete the FY2021 COE application.
- Cover letter specifying COE Checklist items that do not apply to your district.
- Original reviewer comments from the previous year.
- The district’s written responses to the review team comments from the previous year.
- Completed COE Checklist.
- Mandatory if the district is applying for the first time, received a conditional or denied decision from the most recent submission, or did not submit the previous year.
- Annual Comprehensive Financial Report pdf or link to it.
- Pay the COE application fee.
Submit COE application documents:
Pay COE Application Fee Online
- Click on Login at the top of this page.
- Log in using your ASBO International username and password (follow prompts below Sign In button to retrieve your username and/or password, or
- Logging in will return you to the COE Apply page.
- Using the fee chart below, select the Total Revenue, All Funds link that matches your district budget.
- The link takes you to a shopping cart with your application fee.
- Select the Pay Now button and complete the payment process. You will receive an emailed receipt.
Pay Application fee by check
- Mail via United States Postal Service to:
Certificate of Excellence in Financial Reporting
44790 Maynard Square, Suite 200
Ashburn, VA 20147
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you must use an express service.
Application fees are based on your district’s total revenue.
|Total District Revenue, All Funds
|Under $10 million
|$10 - $25 million
|$25 - $50 million
|$50 - $100 million
|$100 - $250 million
|$250 million - $1 billion
|Over $1 billion
If your Annual Comprehensive Financial Report does not meet the COE award criteria in a given year, ASBO will waive your application fee for the following year.
Deadlines & Extensions
All COE application materials are due within six months of your district’s fiscal year end.
|Fiscal Year End
Need an extension? Submit a request to COE@asbointl.org.
Any school district in the United States (including charter schools, educational service units, community colleges, and universities) that conforms to GAAP and incorporates the COE Checklist criteria into its Annual Comprehensive Financial Report (ACFR) is eligible to apply for the Certificate of Excellence in Financial Reporting (COE). The Annual Comprehensive Financial Report (ACFR) must receive an unmodified audit opinion from an independent auditor.